Wednesday, May 30, 2012

grrreat success

It totally worked. I made the scarf I saw online.



Not that I didn't think it was going to, but just the fact that I'm wearing it today is crazy.
Allow me to rewind a tad.

I have a love/hate relationship with JoAnn Fabrics. I feel that their stuff is waaay overpriced and when they do have a deal, its really only lowering the price closer to what it should be regularly. During craft fair season, I go to JoAnns probably two times a week for yarn. Besides the re-dik prices, their customer service freakin sucks. Take last night for example.  I stood at the fabric cutting station for around 10 minutes waiting for someone to help me.  There's even a bell to ring if no one's around.  I rang the dang bell 4 times, while watching the front counter lady literally follow a customer she knew outside to chat her up for the entire 10 minutes that I stood there.  Finally, I rang the bell again with a little more vigor and simultaneously heard laughter coming from the employee room in the back. I was thisclose to pulling a *Chrissy Cargill on their asses, when a lady sauntered out as if she hadn't heard a single bell ring. "Is there something I can help you with, ma'am?" It was all I could do to not be a total B to her.  Actually the ONLY reason I wasn't, and didn't mention the 4 times I rang the bell, was the fact that I was getting fabric to sew with. 

As I drove home, it felt like I had just scored drugs and was about to go home and get really high.  Its the only way to describe the utter excitement I was feeling.  My palms were clammy, my heart was racing, and I couldn't stop smiling.  I actually felt high on life. I'm guessing other crafters feel this when they come home with a bag of nothings to transform into a magnificent work of art. 

(not to keep bitching about JoAnns, but their selection sucked even worse. I had like 4 colors to choose from, white, cream, black, maroon and green. and I realize thats 5, but white AND cream?)

I changed the thread in my machine, filled another bobbin, rethreaded my machine, at lightning speed I might add, and was on my way.  The scarf really only has 4 parts to sew, that being one of the reasons this was my first project.  I will admit, it has some flaws, but this is not something I will ever sell, so I'm ok with the beginner flaws. 

Oh, and after I went to sleep, all I dreamt about was this scarf.  I woke up around 3am remembering 4 different dreams that all had my scarf in it. I'm not kidding either when I say one of them consisted of Justin Beiber touching my scarf, and me then listing it online with the tag line, "Justin Beiber touched this scarf".

Here it is. I will have better pics, but got excited to show it off.





*Chrissy frightened me at JoAnns right after we became friends, and it was then I realized our friendship would be forever. I hope the lady that ended up helping us didn't quit that night and go home and cry curled up in the shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment