1. The Following. Super awesome show on Fox. On Hulu Plus if you need to catch up.
4. Documentaries. About anything. This week, we watched Just for Kicks, one about the culture and fashion of the sneaker. And although it wasn't the best documentary I've ever seen, it was good enough to watch in its entirety.
I'm usually too ADD to read a book. Mostly because I have crocheting projects that I need to complete or I have a new People magazine that needs my immediate attention. But I have a Kindle Fire that I love and I have been known to be wide awake at 3am, and reading puts me right to sleep. Well, that is until this book. I actually went to bed early and woke up early to read this and if I would wake up at 3am, instead of trying to get right back to sleep, I'd grab my Kindle from under my pillows and continue with this cray cray mystery novel about a man and his missing wife. Of course the first person they turn to is the spouse.....
1. Discontinued Sensaria Mango lotion. My Aunt Lucy bought me some a few years ago, and I became obsessed. So much, that she went around asking for everyone's extras because she knew the company was no longer.
2. Hottie Hubs' deodorant. Speed stick, fresh scent. Isn't strictly man smelling, and it works really well. (I can't find mine, and after I smelled his, I quit looking, then I found mine and still use his)
4. My Dot Dash sunglasses. I scratched the first pair so much I could no longer see, so I went online and bought myself the exact same pair, and this time around, am keeping them scratch free!
My Bountiful Basket. Oh, sweet sweet basket. How you have enriched my meals this last week and a half. Here's what was inside. Oh, and I got the Thai add on, which was basically more green stuff.
8. Garlic cloves
9. Bok Choy
10. Green Peppers
12. Napa Cabbage
15. A Coconut
16. Red Onion
18. Dried chili peppers (i think)
22. Bamboo Shoot
23. Green Onions
WTH did two people do with all this food? Well, some of it is still in my fridge and might not get eaten, but I really did try to use all the food, and was pretty successful. This is prob the last time I get an add on, because it was basically like buying 2 baskets. I still haven't figured out what to do with the bamboo shoot other than pretend its a dog whip. But since I don't whip my dog, it hasn't even gotten that use out of it.
I made two new recipes that I had never made before in my life, and like a good chef, didn't even taste them while they cooked. I literally took my first bite after I dished up. But both were amazing.
One was Braised Radishes, from this recipe.
The other, was a Ginger Garlic Bok Choy recipe that I can no longer find to link.
I've gotten in the habit of reading comments under every online article I read, mostly because they are hilarious and funnier than the article (especially on Tosh.O's blog. the comments are legen-waitforit-dary. So, when I was looking at both recipes, I read the comments. I find that people will try recipes and if something isn't quite right, they'll comment on how THEY made it, but changed things up a bit. I pretty much followed commenter #2's advice and cooked them the way she did, and they were amazing. Didn't even taste like radishes, which was the whole point I'm guessing.