Friday, April 5, 2013

Long Distance Relationships - B.C

B.C. = Before Cellphones

The day was 4/4/02.  11 years and 1 day ago. 

Rodney (before he was my Hottie Hubs) was living in California.  I was living in Spokane.  We had gotten back together and was having to make our long distance relationship work.  It was hard.  I knew I loved him and wanted to marry him.  We didn't have cell phones yet, so we were talking when I was in my dorm room, which wasn't that often, and I had to track him down by calling one of his friend's phones or houses.  It wasn't easy. But we had email.  Here's a couple emails I received.


i miss you every second of the day it's not right us being apart but it's only for a little bit longer. I Love You Very Much, You're Gonna Be With Me For A Very Long Time.

LoVe,
RoDnEy


How stinkin cute is that?!?!? 

That summer, he drove back to the valley to live.  He got a job at Northwest Children's Home, where he STILL works!  How awesome is that?!?!  Here's another message from  5/21/02:


I miss you soooo much and it feels awesome to know i'm gonna get to see you in a couple days. I have a lot of time to think about you on the road, everyone I pass probably wonders why I'm smiling so big. I love you. I love you.

I LOVE YOU!
RoDnEy

Zach, Katie, me and my love, and Josh
#flashbackfriday

No comments:

Post a Comment